The Disaster

The disaster
BOOM! A loud sound coming from outside and a little small shake like an earthquake made everyone from my neighbourhood come outside to see what it was. BOOM!! There was it again the ground shake just like the first time it did now more people came out.

This happened several more times people started panicking and calling the help service. About 1 hour passed and the police, ambulance and the fire fighters came. But luckily nobody was harmed or effected by it. The polices and fire fighters were investigating what had happened. Later that they figured out what had happened.

Hiya my name is Renee and my life is kind of crazy. I live in a small town where we barely get infected by any natural disaster but this time it was the worse one that happened on record I have lived here for almost 12 years and this is the worst tragedy that had happened.

Enough about myself. So what happened was that long time ago before I moved here this happened as well where the road had softened so it collapsed but back then they didn’t know how to fix it so they decided to leave it and just covered it back up like the normal roads.

This time the hole in the ground was even bigger. So then they had to fix it… somehow. They had to close the road that means we had to go the long way and scary way at night. It was through a forest that barely anyone has stepped foot in a long time.

Not to worry about now. A few weeks MONTHS passed the roads weren’t even half way I was sick and tired of driving through the forest it also wasted so much of my fuel. I wanted to ask then it will be done and I think people feel the same way as me.

I had to do something about this. So I went to speak to the company manager and they said they haven’t got a plan yet but they went to have a look a few weeks ago and they needed to order the materials they needed to full in the trenches. Few months passed the have finally started fixing the trenches weeks and weeks later they have finished everyone happy.

I tried to get everyone from my neighbourhood to write a thank you note to the company for the amazing work they did. After Everyone wrote something I went to the company and dropped the card off and some sweets off as well. After that days passed they sent back a note saying "thank you". And that's the end of the story.



FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!