The Woods

I was ceaselessly running as fast as I could the sound of thin twigs crunching every small inch I ran, the sound of my heart beating and pumping every odd second. Nothing could stop me from where I was running to or the person I was running from. Two hours ago, nothing had seemed out of the ordinary. The sun had just started dawning over the woods and the cold winds had just started to settle in. Dinner was being cooked and the steam from the pot was rising making the windows foggy. I had grabbed a soggy cloth to clean them when just outside the windows a twig snapped, and the sound of boots started clanking around. I was suddenly alarmed and pressed my red ear to the window nothing could be heard except the icy wind. An hour had passed I was sitting on the battered old couch with a cup of warm tea then a voice was heard. “come on quickly” The voice sounded old but firm. Thoughts rushed through my head. “who could that be “, “why was he here.” My hands gripped onto the edges of the couch waiting endlessly for him to go I could finally relax because the eery silence had started to creep in once again. I was not just going to pretend this never happened. My body was fighting my brain, but I stepped out in pitch black night. There was a trail left in front of me of footprints. I followed it and found two people one was digging a hole in the ground and the other was carrying a bag. As soon as they left, I used my hands and dug up the hole. In there was a little object that looked very old. I touched the object and a glow started happening around my skin. A beam of light was coming out of it. A minute had passed nothing happened when suddenly a touch of sharp fingernails pat my shoulder. A person was staring right at me with big eyes. I screamed and ran. He was following me. The nooks and crannies were covering every sly exit out of the woods. I was running out of breath at that moment though I tripped over a log. The man had catched up to me. He leaned over me and grabbed a sharp stick. He was ready to end me for what I had saw. I lurked out a stick form the ground and stabbed him in his heart. He fell. I started to run back home when I realised another man was out there somewhere. MY heart dropped at the thought of this I fainted in the middle of the woods.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!