Moving With Corona


Life wasn’t normal. Five people (mum, dad, my 2 sisters and I) were living in one tiny granny flat. Now, you may be wondering ‘OMG, you’re crazy’ or ‘you are kidding me’!!! Well, we were not crazy, but my mum was. She sold our old house before the new house was ready, so we had to live in a one bedroom for 6 months.

Living in the granny flat would have been bad enough, but then we were hit by …….. The Corona. I just kept thinking that if it wasn’t for this virus, I would be at school tomorrow. It was bad, but it got worse. My little sister and I had started a new school and I had just made some new friends but then The Corona started to spread.

Everyone was sad, school was closed, swimming was closed, and I really missed my coach. My mum told me my netball season was cancelled which meant I would never get to see my best friend Peyton. We weren’t allowed to see anybody, I couldn’t hug my grandparents. It was horrible. Life was weird and I was afraid to tell anyone I was scared of this virus.

We were slowly getting through it with fake smiles on our faces. It was funny that Ellie, my little sister (nicknamed the dragon baby) had just started prep and my mum had finally got her out of her hair, but now we were all together 24-7.

One Friday night were all getting ready to have a family movie night when there was a hissing sound ……………..and we realized one of our blow up mattresses had a hole!!!!! This meant I had to share mine with Ellie! My Dad would put her in with me, the opposite way in the bed. I hated it, in the night she would give me a toe up the nose.

The move day had come, but I didn’t want to leave. We had a big exciting jump into the new house, but I just stood still. I realized I liked us all being in close together.

Corona Virus has been terrible, but I’ve also had the most amazing moments, like mum and dad being home more, and spending time with my family. I saw everyone smiling and getting along, and that told me, every bad thing has a silver lining. Or look at it the other way around, like Corona is getting better but my Dad has to go back to working full time.
So if you look around things may not be as bright as they used to be, and we may not feel strong, but we will get through this, and everyone feels the same. Instead of focusing on not seeing your friends, and not being able to go shopping, remember your family is right there to accompany you and if you can’t see that now, then I would like The Corona Virus to keep going until you do.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!