No Ordinary Boy

Excellence Award in the 'The Inside Story 2020' competition

As the figure trotted on the damaged land, the broken memories were crowding his head. He couldn't even think for one moment. He was fiery hot inside but he just couldn't think why
he still hasn't got revenge. Every year this happened. When they moved, they would capture one raven. It wasn't fair. He wanted revenge. But then he would ask himself
how he could seek revenge, as he was only a little boy.
The boy was impressed with himself. Having chocolate brown hair and bright blue eyes, but he didn't care much of his human appearance
because what made him feel unique was the fact he had raven wings, great black ones covering him like a giant. He was an orphan because his parents died due to a car crash but he decided to take a shortcut through the wild. His ravens were inspired by
a dark colour or a black, there was four, Ebony, Obsidian, Sable and Midnight.

If he had to save his ravens like a mission, he wasn't scared to complete it. The lad could tell the wind direction, tell how high the waves are going to be, and alas smell where his ravens were. So that was pretty easy for him but since they had caught his ravens
he always wanted revenge, then he had an atrocious feeling. He didn't like humans. They always seek power and 'trying' to make human rights possible or just achieving a right for themselves. He didn't know what they would do to his fellows.
He sat on his treasured rock and began to think. He crawled up in a ball as fear tortured and will failed him, the youngster hadn't been like this except for these horrid, hideous and grotesque four years. But as he thought for his ravens, he glided off for the mission.
When he finally descended from the air, he was shocked. The place was filthy, wrecked and tore apart. Smoke coming from the industry was making it murky meaning he was coughing and couldn't see well. Abruptly, an announcement was being made over the dirty speakers. "We are selling this place, workers. Take your belongings and leave everything else. We are destroying this place by setting bombs in particular areas. They are going off in 10 minutes. If possible please get out within eight minutes. Thank you."
This was a panic for the boy.
He had two minutes to find a cage of four ravens, two minutes to get them out of the cage and five minutes getting the tags of them. The horrific news was he didn't have a watch.
'Look for a metal cage... Bullseye!' He thought. He was pacing as fast as he could without getting caught. There it was, the cage. A stick was nearby, he used that for the lock.
He saw a sharp stick with his sharp eyes. Ebony! Fly! Obsidian! Go! Sable! Yeehaw! He was struggling to break the last tag. Come on! Nothing... Boom! They zoomed out!

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!