The Flying Trick Contest

Swish!, Swoosh!, Swerve! Cloud and Osprey the sky dragons were practising somersaults in the sunny sky. They were going to enter the flying trick contest and win the big prize!
"What do you think the prize will be?" asked Cloud excitedly.
"I'm not sure!" replied Osprey grinning.
The next day an announcement went over the sky dragon kingdom. It said "We are not going to do the flying trick contest due to bad weather."
Cloud and Osprey were not happy.
"Even in bad weather we can still do it!" yelled Osprey.
"Yeah we can still do it! "shouted Cloud enthusiastically. But it didn't stop them from trying to get the contest back on again. The following day they told the dragon officials who organised the contest that just because it was going to be terrible weather, they could still keep the contest on. The dragons all agreed to continue with the preparations for the contest and maybe it will be sunny on the day of the contest.
Tomorrow would be the day of the flying trick contest and Osprey and Cloud knew all their practice was going to pay off.
Osprey and Cloud practised all day until the moon came up.
"Well, I'm tired!" giggled Osprey.
"Me too!" laughed Cloud. And they both gazed up at the moonlit sky.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!