Seclude

And she’d fallen! The sky a shade of ash and she fell so hard that I died a little inside. I inclined, slowly falling. I fell and it seemed as though the world around me had collapsed. Yes, it had collapsed absolutely and I felt no need to get up. I felt no need as she had fallen! She had fallen down the hole of death and as I lay there a pile of skin and bones, I realised that I had died with her. I chuckled to myself, “Ha I had never doubted destiny...” I looked around to see people gathere- no! There was no one there! There had never been anyone there! Rain fell, a hue of argent and at that exact moment I knew how this was to end. She had been so beautiful and living in her own world she never understood life’s truth. Only a few of us know this truth and the rest of mankind choose not to. The reason behind this is because truth kills! She was beautiful but had sold her soul to love and death. She had felt the wrath bestowed upon all lovers, she felt their tears and so unintentionally scarred her heart. Her scars were so true and all I saw in those eyes was pain. Such great pain inflicted on one such person that it caused the world to stand by and watch life fly away. She spun! Until she could spin no more! She loved and all it led to was death. She was no more, only a pile of skin and bones. She felt nothing and it tore her apart to such extremes that the world was forced to leave her there. The world left her in such pain that she had no choice but to accept life’s truth. Her eyes sparkled so and even then, the world wouldn’t accept her. She wasn’t accepted because she didn’t know how to move on. Rain fell...it fell so hard that I was deafened and drenched. Drenched head to toe in her tears... Drenched in tears that weren’t afraid to fall. I lay there thinking of the one thing that kept me alive. Who am I? Who was she? These names will forever be kept hidden from the world for the day they are revealed, the world will die a most horrible death. I get up to see my happiness lying there on the floor and now I’m convinced that it has to end like this. She died loving and I’ll die killing! I step forward slowly and as a faint tear trickles down my cheek- “Ahhh!” my life is over! The pain is unbearable but as I see her... I run! She’s there! I burst into tears as she calls my name and suddenly everything is fine. “Nomi-!” She’s stopped as the ground underneath us shakes violently! She falls into my arms as the world ends...and my eyes close...forevermore!

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!