Blue The Parrot

It was another depressing day for Jane. She sprinted her way back home from school, “Why me?! What did I do to deserve this? I wish I had a friend beside me who would stand up for me :’(.” As tears roll down from her eyes, she stops and takes a break hoping that the bullies Alisha, Clara and Maddie will stop with their game. It was a dark and windy day, Jane notices a baby parrot hit a tree and fell down a small rain drop, seeing it fall, Jane quickly ran towards the parrot and it seemed like it broke one of its wings. So Jane took it home, keeping it a secret from her mother.
Days pass by, Jane tried her best to help heal the happy parrot and she did it!
“Yay! Your wings are fully healed.” No matter how much Jane tried to make the parrot leave, she couldn’t. She felt like this specific parrot is here to help her get rid of the bullies. “Okay! I see that you want to stay here. So…I’ll make you my pet bird cause why not!” Jane was ecstatic. She couldn’t wait to name her new pet, as hours pass by, Jane couldn’t think of any name that would fit her pet. “What about Kooky? No wait, Coco! Hmm nah. Oh I know…Pikachu! But it doesn’t fit you :<” While Jane was busy thinking of names, the parrot was wandering around her shelf and all of a sudden, “BAAM!” it accidentally knocked down faded blue paint. “Oh no! what have you done, I’ll get some equipment to clean up this mess.” As she was mopping her floor, Jane noticed how pretty the color is that she decided to name her pet ‘Blue’.
1 year later-
That baby parrot transformed into a colossal mighty parrot. Blue looked like the queen of all majestic parrots. Her wings looked absolutely stunning! All her mind-blowing features made her a heavenly bird. Although things change after a year has passed by, Jane didn’t change at all and neither did the bullies. In fact, their jealousy grew and that led them to steal Blue.
“That nerd Jane keeps on bragging about her parrot, I hate her I hate her I hate her!” Maddie said furiously and constructed a horrifying plan within her group. “We do it when it’s mid night.” Even if they were attractive from the outside; they’re ugly in the inside. Finally, the day comes to an end, it’s almost 12 am and Jane just went to bed, leaving her window open. Since Jane trusted Blue a lot so she didn’t put her in a cage. “She’s asleep and so is Blue.” Whispered Alisha in her squeaky voice. Clara sneaked into Jane’s dorm and immediately put Blue inside a cage, Blue started screeching but since Jane was in a deep sleep she couldn’t hear anything! Those bullies ran off with Blue, leaving Jane to have eternal pain…

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!