Lost In Her Anger

Raging with anger, her sharp movements could cut someone, she had tears of fury and frustration streaming down her face. Her skin felt like it was boiling and turned bright red like magma. She clenched her fists and teeth, breathed heavily, her eyebrows turned down, her face tensed up. She was shaking like she had been pushed side to side. She grabbed her hair in wrath and yelled horrifically, her voice scratchy and growly like it had shaken and woke up the earth, even on the other side. Pieces of her hair were sticking up like it had been electrified. No one could explain or comprehend how she was acting, it was unbelievable. Some rolled their eyes at her in annoyance, some hid behind other people and some didn’t even care at all. Soon others heard and gathered and they were more infuriated than her… well almost, not as much. She turned to everyone’s faces, it played in slow motion, they were all petrified now. The parents hid their small, innocent kids behind them, the policemen were demanding her to stop and she noticed them hesitating to grab their guns out of the holster. People who thought they could get famous were recording and the police car sirens were so deafening, it didn’t make anything better. Looking at all their faces, they all saw her as a threat, like it was a battlefield with two teams, except she was the only one. All thinking she was going to injure them. She suddenly realized that she wasn’t doing anything better for anyone and everyone saw her as a threat, they were waiting for her to make her next move, her face dropped like someone had attached a weight to her face. Her face hung like it had been pulled. Standing there in guilt, her heart dropped to the bottom of her body. All her thoughts jumbled up in her brain, she couldn’t even grasp what she was doing. She had this meltdown for nothing. Nothing was tense anymore, no one’s heart rate was pumping through the roof, her hair wasn’t sticking on end. In the moment, she felt like she was levitating and when she noticed her actions she plummeted. Wishing she could hug someone or lean onto someone, but all these people still fear her, she wanted to cry and fall to her knees, she wanted to crawl into a ball and disappear off the face of the earth, but she couldn’t. She kept thinking why did I do this? What’s wrong with me? She trembled and shivered like she was in a snowstorm. She slowly raised her shaking hand to her mouth, all she had done, kids still terrified, guys still recording, policemen still waiting, nothing had changed. She wished that something broke the tension, but nothing did, they stood there silently, waiting, everything came to a pause. Her body dropped, it was pushed to the ground, she put her face in her sweaty palms and wept.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!