Imperium Omnium

Imperium Omnium

I stared at my Grandmother’s cuff. It’s gold with a scale-like pattern. She died a few months ago and it’s the last personal thing I have of hers.
I sighed, feeling sad. Maybe a walk in her garden would help. My family inherited her house and now I feel like I cannot bear to leave. I walk outside with her cuff. Her favourite place was a giant Japanese Wisteria in the middle of the garden. It’s beautiful and has a magical element to it with purple and blue flowers surrounding it. I would climb the tree while my grandmother sat at the bottom and told me stories about a magical kingdom. It was always my favourite time.
I refocused, leaving my memories and I notice a strange glow. My head whipped around as I tried to find where the glow was coming from. The cuff! I hold it up. It was emitting a yellow glow that blocks out the design. Then I noticed. The tree is splitting open, glowing the same yellow colour. I was sucked towards something that looked like a black hole and pulled into a vortex of gold and black.
“What is this thing?” I thought as I appeared in a forest. Everything’s strange! The leaves aren’t green, they are purple and blue. It was like the tree had multiplied.
“You’re not in Kansas anymore,” I muttered. But the real giveaway was the six teens in front of me waving their hands gracefully. It’s like they’re dancing, but the strange thing was that their movements are followed by either lightning, fire, earth, air, water or ice.
“Wha-what, how are you doing that?” The girls' heads whipped towards me. They looked like the elements they were controlling.
“Who are you?” demanded the red one.
“I am Zenovia Kallsa, who are you?” I inquire.
“I’m Xandria,” answered the white one. As the girls introduced themselves, I began to slowly lose focus caught in my own thoughts. I was quickly brought back to the real world by Ivanna.
“Xandria, don’t tell her our names, we can’t trust some random girl who walked through the closed portal” Ivanna whined.
“The portal’s not closed, Ivanna. It just hasn’t been used since Zaria-Rose left” she answered. Her face screws up in thought. “Zaria-Rose? “Wasn’t her last name Kallsa?” she asked, voicing her thoughts.
“Zaria-Rose?” I asked with a frown “she was my grandmother!”
The six girls stared at me with mouths gaping. “You’re her granddaughter?” Aaliyah and Hadassah speak in unison.
“Yeah, why?” I asked, confused.
“Girls look at her wrist, she has the cuff!” proclaimed Calliopa.
“The cuff, like the cuff! That’s not possible she’s half other-world!” yelled Ivanna stubbornly.
“What are you talking about?” I yell, frustrated with the secrecy.
“You’re the Imperium Omnium” Gianella answered mysteriously, not helping me much.
Somehow, I know that Imperium Omnium means “power of all”. Greatly confused I say, “what do you mean?”
“You're the most powerful being in the universe”.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!