The Bus

One dreadful afternoon, I got fired from my low-payment job at McDonald's I was taking the bus home because someone crashed into my car and it seems it was my fault. Anyway, at the bus stop a man was standing. He was smiling and waving in my direction. I looked to see if anyone was behind me; no one was there. I don’t know if I was just crazy but, as he took a step forward, I took a step back. He started to gesture for me to come to him but I shook my head to say no. After he stopped, my bus came; he started waving goodbye. When I got on, I found a seat at the front. I looked back to see if he was still there and he was. He was holding a clown mask which had a miserable glare. I turned back to face forward. I looked back again. He was gone. I turned again to see if there was anyone else. I saw him at the back of the bus. I rub my eyes in disbelief then turn to the front again. I try do look back as I saw he moved closer. I started to look back until I saw he was sitting right beside me. As my hands start to get clammier, I try to speak.
“G-g-go a- away fr-from me” I stuttered with my eyes open wide in a panic.
He grinned and shook his head. I started to fright as I rushed to press the stop button. I rush to the front of the bus and hurry off. After I got off the bus, I called a taxi to get right back home.
“Can I go to the round-a-bout of Pickett Street please?” I asked in a stressed manner.
There was no response
“Hello…are you good? I questioned, terrified to know the answer.
The driver turned around as I immediately knew who it was. He grins slyly and drives…

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!