The Walk

I take a deep breath in as I know what is coming . Today is the day that I walk my way through the cold wet walls of the Never Ending path ,I am going to be the first person to walk it. I get myself ready and hop on my sled and go . I am now standing at the entrance.

The cold air blew up against my face making me shiver as I stepped on the cold damp floor. It was covered in old dead leaves and sticks that had blown in from the storm. I took one step in and as I did I had a strange feeling that something was watching me but I was going to prove myself that I was a brave person that doesn't give up. As I walked in the feeling got stronger and stronger.

I could smell the wet damp walls that surrounded me it smelt like fresh mud that had just been washed up on the walls by a large amount of water . Wet leaves that had been soaking in water for the past week or so.

The mountains looked like a never ending tunnel that just keeps going on and on and on and the walls looked like prison walls. I tremble in fear as a take each step further and further into the cave. I am going to prove to them that I am brave and strong.

I have heard rumors about an evil spirit that lives in these walls but I am not going to let them stop me. Now I understand the weird feeling these walls are haunted nothing could stop me now. As I walked my first 12km I set up my tent and cook my dinner .I fall asleep being so tired after my first day of walking through the in mountain. I wake up and I am ready for another day.

I wake up, pack up camp and had to keep on going on my journey through the mountain sides. As I walk the front of the mountain just looks like a spec of sand. Today I am going to get a bit further because I had to come 1 hour away from home just to get here. Eventually I stop to have some lunch. I had some dehydrated pasta.

I walk some more but then I realise that there is a little hole in the wall that looks like a little burrow. I poke a stick in the hole, it must just be a rabbit hole so I keep on going. After some time it is time to set up camp. I set up and I gasp as I see how much I have walked. I walked about 36km. I think that I am going to do even more tomorrow.

I wake up and go on and set down my camp it has only been a little bit and I have come across a maze.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!