Sacrifice

'Jay, I don't think I can go any further.' Miah and Jayden walked up the mountain on their way to the top. 'Miah, you have to dig deep down and find whatever motivation you have. Once we get to the top we can free the world from this horrible nightmare. Don't you want that?' Miah took in a deep breath. She nodded and they continued walking to the top.

Since the world had been taken over by the Rulers of the Stars, everything had turned bad. Many new wars started, people died, lower classes were put into slavery. After months and months of research, Miah and Jayden had figured out how to harness the Rulers of the Stars' power and destroy it. All they had to do was climb to the top of Mount Legend and demolish the ball that harnessed all their power- The Oddity.

'We're here, Miah. We made it. Boy, the view from here is nice isn't it?' The sun had started to set and the sky looked beautiful. 'It's lovely Jay but we are here for The Oddity. Oh, there it is.' The Oddity was a glowing orange ball in a cage in the rocks. Jayden walked up to it and funnily enough, the cage opened without fail. 'Jay, be careful. The Oddity is extremely powerful. I don't want something to happen to you.' Jayden smiled at Miah and pulled The Oddity out of the cage. They looked at each other. 'That was easy.' Jayden put his arm around Miah and they watched the sunset for a bit, The Oddity in his hand.

'We need to destroy this before the Rulers of the Stars realise it's gone. I'm going to jump on it, alright, and hopefully, that will kill it.' Miah closed her eyes for a brief moment, then opened them. She held Jayden and kissed him, hoping it wouldn't be their last. She nodded. Jayden prepared himself then jumped on The Oddity, crushing it. For a few seconds, everything was fine, and Miah and Jayden were so relieved that The Oddity was gone, but then a massive wind came from where The Oddity was crushed and sent Jayden flying to the edge of the mountain.

Miah ran and caught him just in time. 'Miah, we both know I'm not going to be able to get back up. Let me go, you have to, The Oddity won't stop until I'm dead. I never told you, but the person who destroys The Oddity must also be destroyed before it can be fully, well, gone.' Miah started breathing quickly, struggling to hold Jayden. 'I don't care, I'm not letting you fall. I love you Jayden, so much!' Tears started to stream out of her eyes. 'I love you too Miah, and I know you won't let me fall, which is why I have to let go.' Jayden let go of Miah's hand and she watched him fall, the wind still blowing. 'No! No, Jayden!' He kept falling until he hit rock bottom, then the wind stopped. He was gone. She stumbled onto her knees. 'I love you Jayden.' Miah whispered as tears rolled down her face and she buried her face in her hands.

'I love you too Miah.'

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!