Uncle Frank

Finalist in the 'The Write Note 2021' competition

My eyes spring open! The walls of my bedroom are shaking. I can see the pitch black sky full of fiery smoke. The roof has blown off!
I flip up onto my bed. “It’s the day!” I scream as loud as a fire alarm. I put on my shoes and black jacket and meet my Mum, Dad and little brother at the door and we run out of our house.
I can see the trees shaking and blue lava spitting up out of the volcano. I feel scared but safe because I know Uncle Frank will save us all. I grab my gold Uncle Frank statue out of my pocket and I hold it tight.
I hear the volcano rumbling as we run towards the beach. Everyone at the beach is chanting. The chanting gets louder and louder. I decide to join in and I exclaim “UNCLE FRANK!! UNCLE FRANK!! UNCLE FRANK!!”
The sea starts bubbling. Everyone on the island is here. Uncle Frank bursts up out of the ocean. Our giant legend, 8000m tall, the arms and legs of a man with the head and body of a shark!
We all start yelling “Go! Go! Go!” Uncle Frank wades closer to the eruption. He opens his mouth wide and shoots an arctic blast of slushy ice right into the crater freezing the volcano solid. Everyone cheers.
Uncle Frank goes back to the deep. Winter is here. I zip up my black jacket tight as it starts to hail lightly.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!