Fashion Life

Jaquine Shirley is a 21-year-old individual living in Eritrea. She has a great fashion sense and is fluent in almost all languages, from her native language, Tigre, to native Hawaiian languages, she knows it all. Jaquine can examine a person for a few minutes and she will know where they are from and whether they can speak the language from their country or any other language. She lives a pleasant life in Eritrea, making a living out of selling all types of fashion clothes and even making them for people out of scratch. You ask her for anything, and she will make it for you, whether it be Eritrean clothing or Pakistani clothing, she can make it all, from simple tops to the most fancy dress you have ever seen. She is an amazing fashion designer. Therefore, when Lupe Casanova came to her, she gladly accepts the offer. She continues with her career but in the ways she didn’t expect.

“Hi! Kayf ‘astatie musaeidaral alyawma? (How can I help you today?)”. Jaquine asked an Arabic woman that walked into her store.

“Marhaban (Hello). Could you please take a look at this fabric?” the woman asked.

“Oh yeah, sure,” Jaquine took the fabric from the woman and scanned it. “This is some excellent material. What would you like me to do with it?” she questioned.

“I would like it if you could make it into a dress with long sleeves and make it a little loose at the bust.” Said the woman.

“Of course. Would you like it to be long or short?” Jaquine asked with a kind smile.

“Oh, right… please make it long up to my ankles,” the woman replied.

“Alright… I have other orders to finish so I will start with yours as soon as possible. It will take me by the end of next week to finish making it.” She told the woman.

“Okay, I’ll see you then. Shukran”, and with that, the woman walked out of Jaquine’s fashion store.

20 minutes later the store door opened again and Jaquine could hear the jingles from the bells on the top of the door. Jaquine looked up to see who it was and was met with unfamiliar bluish-grey eyes.

“Halò. Tha thu nad aghaidh ùr. Ciamar a chuidicheas mi thu an-diugh? (Hello. You are a new face. How may I help you today?)” Jaquine asked in Scottish Gaelic to the beautiful woman that had walked into her store just now.

“O, tha thu eòlach air Gàidhlig na h-Alba. Snog. Tha mi an seo gus bruidhinn riut. (Oh, you are fimilliar with Scottish Gaelic. Nice. I am here to talk to you)” The woman replied.

“Well… here I am.” Jaquine said.

“Yeah, you are. So I see you are Jaquine Shirley, but you don’t know me. My name is Lupe Casanova, and I’m here to give you a life-changing offer, ” Lupe informed Jaquine.

Jaquine looked at her for a few seconds before talking to her again.

“Um, what life-changing offer are you here to tell me about?” she asked, curiosity filled in her voice...

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!