A Cottage And A Memory

Glass shatters around me like a thousand crystal raindrops.
The depression of the compressed metal clung to my body as if an extension of it.
Pain surged through my body as I turned to face the driver.
The physical anguish was nothing compared to the heartache of seeing mum’s open eyed lifeless body.

Five years and eleven days since she was taken far from me.
She is gone and pain fills my heart where her love used to be.
With angels wings on her back she must have sent him to guide me
Yellow eyes, gray, black and white fur leading me to the heart of the wood away from the world.

I gasp for air free from the suffocation of the bleck greyness of this place.
Trees of an evergreen line the path through the woods asIi follow the footsteps of a new found friend.
Before my eyes a snug lantern lit cottage dances with the love of a child.
Tears spring to my eyes as l fall to my knees as I am flooded with the memories of her.

The warmth of the sweet scented steam filling my senses.
Dancing around the kitchen letting go of all our inhibition.
The sweet trickle of tears swimming down my cheeks are met with a smile and a welcome burst of laughter.
I feel warm inside no longer hollow, now with life flowing through me once again I feel whole.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!