The Love Story

Finalist in the 'The Write Note 2021' competition

Once upon a time, a clock went tick-tock, tick-tock… buzzzzzzzz. Ellie woke up. Mum was at work. Ellie wanted mum to play. But instead of feeling sad. Ellie decided to share her love.
She went up to mum and happily said "I'm going to give you all the love I've got." Mum said, "Okay Ellie, but don't miss any." So Ellie gave her mum all her love. But, she missed some. She said "Mum, I'm keeping some love for my daddy, dog, brother and sister, the next-door neighbours and the neighbour's cat.”
“Okay" said mummy. So, after work, mum took her to the next-door neighbours and she gave all the love. But missed some. She gave some to the cat too. But missed some. Then she gave all her love to the dog, daddy, her sister and brother. But she kept missing some. Then she gave a bit more to mummy and granny and grandpa and everyone she knew. When she noticed her love was running out, she gave some to you.
She started feeling tired and low, like she had run out of love. She was worried she had no more to give. What would she do? How would she show others that she cared? How would she make friends? But then everyone came to give Ellie a hug and share their love with her. She realised she had even more love than she had before. She didn't even need to ring the post office and ask the postie to bring more, she had enough to share with everyone.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!