Yara’s Way To Freedom

“Hurry up run faster!” Yara shouts. Yara and her two youthful brothers Omar and Karim bought groceries from the roads of Damascus and strolling home through the scorching heat. As they were walking home Yara realized a suspicious car following them home, but she did not bother and proceeded to walk. Afterward, she got stressed, so she started to run, as the car began to speed after them. The trio arrived home and instantly opened the door, and bolted in. “Quickly pack your sacks we need to elude Syria!” Yara yelled without a breath. “I need to go to mother in Greece.” Omar sobbed. The trio packed their bags and was prepared to escape Syria and go to their mum in Santorini, Greece. As the siblings were getting away through their hidden gate (through their backyard), Yara clutched her valuable necklace and recalled her father which has passed away.

After escaping Syria, the trio was walking to Beirut Marina, and strolling by the Sea waiting to cruise to Cyprus. Karim inquires, “how are we going to swim to Cyprus?” Yara rolled her eyes and answered, “Stop asking idiotic questions, Karim.” The three siblings were starving from hunger, as they hear an interesting gruff voice say, “Are you three aiming to Cyprus?”. “Ummm yes we are but we can’t manage a watercraft there,” Yara answered. He (Yusuf) advertised a bargain, if the trio helps him with his fishing, he will take them to Cyprus on his fishing vessel. The kids concurred and started to assist. After they finished helping, they all sat in the fishing vessel and set off to Cyprus.

Yara, Omar, and Karim thanked Yusuf and walked on the blistering sand. They walked to the town of Cyprus and politely asked a lady for food and water. The lady helped them and took them to her house. The lady gave them sandwiches to eat; they thanked her Yara, Omar and Karim were so thankful for everything the lady as done. They left her house and then saw a load of trucks packing supplies for a factory. Therefore, they decided to sneak in there as it was heading to Santorini (where her mother lived).

After a difficult trip hiding between supplies, the trio safely arrived at the village of their mother. The three siblings asked for their mother Fatima Harb. After a while, a lady directed them to her house. They knock on the door and their mother opens it. They hugged her with big smiles on their faces and was an awesome feeling to finally see their mother. “How did you get here?” Fatima ask. After her children explain she had a little giggle and said, “you three little munchkins are so smart!” They changed their clothes and went on a shopping spree with their mother; to get new clothes and have lunch. They all lived together happily with their mother!

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!