Hard Time

I woke up as I always do; I’m ready for the day!
I recently just moved here to Kings Vale and this new town feels amazing, I’m still pretty sad that I had to move from Melbourne but life is pretty good down here.
Today I am going to my new school. I’m really excited because I already met a few people down here that seem really nice; I’m hoping that it’s the same at school.
When I get onto the bus, everyone looks so mean and all the girls are wearing make-up and lip gloss, but... IT’S ALL BLACK! I look at them in shock; I never knew that was allowed at school these days. Soon I find a seat full of rubbish and red stains (I’m not going to even ask where that came from). Anyway, I sit down in all the rubbish and wait for the bus to start moving.
Soon I get to school and I’m the last person to get off. As I get off, I look at the bus driver and he is covered in rubbish and red stains that I found in my seat. I pass him a box of wipes that I find in my bag and put them in his lap.
I ran to class, I saw some of the girls talking at the lockers, I shivered.
“G...good morning class today we have a new student, G…Grace,” said my teacher; I guess she is scared of everyone, not me though (I hope).
I walked up to the front and talked about myself with pride.
After I finished talking, we did math and nobody did any work (except for me). I got an A+.
Then we all went to go have recess. I sat down by myself and ate my lunch, I saw a girl crying so I went over to her but she yelled at me?! I walked away fast, that was scary. “Glad I’m off there,” I whisper to myself so she doesn’t hear.
After recess, I went to sport and my class had to play dodge ball, I was hit in the head hard and I had to sit out. My team ended up losing anyway.
Soon we went over to art, apparently, it was the lamest class in the school, at least that’s what I heard, but I always liked art. The art teacher was lovely, her name was Miss Blossom. She helped me a lot because I was new and I’m guessing she liked me.
After art, it was lunchtime (wow the day is going so quickly). I got out my lunchbox and started eating, I saw the crying girl sitting under a tall orange tree with blue tears dripping down her eyes.
After lunch, I went inside; a ball hit my head...
I wake up, I was in my bed, I’m lying on my warm sheets, my mum sitting down.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!