Haunted House

I was walking on the street when I heard a creak. So I tiptoed to the source but a faint laugh came from my left. Just then I saw a spider on my nose and I screamed. I ran inside a house safe and sound…or so I thought.
“Hehehe” Where did that come from? Over there in the basement, I thought. I slowly made my way to the basement then, “Hehehe, you can’t catch me.” A witch?! I am after her! “Or not!” A zombie said and grabbed me by the arm, so I slapped him. It did not hurt him. So I bit him. It tasted like rotten pork with pepper on top. This time the zombie fell to the floor with a crash. When I was trying to stumble out, the witch picked me up and I fainted.
When I woke up I was on a wooden bed with my arm bleeding. The witch was stirring magic together in a cauldron. Two hours later, there was a puff of smoke coming out. Then all of a sudden, a cat flew out of the cauldron and scratched me. Now I had a bleeding cheek also. Blood was gushing out painfully. Soon when I knew the witch was out hunting for ingredients, I jumped out the window and ended up with a scratched bottom.
“I remember you!” I looked around and saw the zombie with some flesh ripped out of his arm. The zombie then kicked me. I got a sore leg. Angrily, I pinned him to the ground and scratched his face. He was knocked out. So I ran back home as fast as a speeding cheetah.
At home, just when I was about to fall asleep, I saw a witch. “Aaahhhhhhhhhh.” Just then I remembered I was in my neighbour’s house, eye to eye with a witch. Finally, I sprinted into my house and bolted the doors shut, jumped into bed and fell asleep.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!