James And His Dragon

Excellence Award in the 'The Write Note 2021' competition

James was a boy who was very thankful for his life but he was a bit lonely. He lived in a big brown hut in the forest with his mum and dad. One day he was walking through the forest when he spotted a dark cave and went inside. He heard a cracking noise and started looking around. He spotted a shiny green egg and that’s where the cracking was coming from. All of a sudden, a baby dragon popped out from the egg. It was green with golden wings; it was so cute. They looked at each other and the dragon wobbled over to James, James wanted to take him home but he knew he couldn’t because the mum would come back to him. James left the dragon there and began to walk home. He turned around and saw the dragon following him and he told the dragon to go back but he wouldn’t listen, the dragon followed him all the way home and into his bedroom.
James decided that he will look after the dragon and keep him hidden from his parents. First, he had to give the dragon a name, he decided that Fire would be a good name because he breathes fire. James and Fire had fun in his room because they couldn’t play outside. They would watch movies, play with James’s toy cars and even colour in. One day, James’s parents walked into his room and saw the dragon. They also thought the dragon was really cute. James explained how he found Fire. They said that he could keep him for a few more days but then he would have to return him to the cave. James played with Fire for another 5 days. They had the best time; they would play chasing and fetch. They would swim in the sparkling blue lake that was hidden in the forest between massive rocks but their favourite game was flying. James would hold on to Fire and he would fly up high into the sky and back down again.
The day had come for Fire to go home. As they were walking through the forest, they saw a big dragon. The dragon was looking around and she looked sad. All of a sudden, she looked up and saw Fire. She had the biggest smile on her face as she ran up to him. She was so happy because she found her baby dragon. She gave Fire a big hug and he knew that that was his mum. Fire was so happy that he was with his mum but sad that he was going to leave his best friend James. James had tears in his eyes but he knew that Fire needed his mum.
Fire’s mum promised to bring him around to play that way they can stay best friends. They were both so happy and they lived happily ever after.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!