Sally The Triceratops

Once upon a time there was a triceratops called Sally. Sally was an amazing pet. One day Sally came to a pen like haystack. She jumped in. There was also a scientist who lived close by. The scientist had invented a special drink and accidentally dropped it in the haystack. The drink could make anything that couldn’t lay eggs, able to lay eggs. Surprisingly Sally couldn’t lay eggs. Sally found the drink and drank it. She stayed in the haystack for a week. When she came out she had laid seven eggs.
When the eggs hatched the babies were very scared and timid. They didn’t have Sally with them. That is why they were afraid, but Sally knew when they would hatch so she went charging and knocked down the haystack and the babies came running at her. When the babies saw Sally they knew she was their Mum because she looked like their siblings.
By the time Sally’s babies were one year old they were always getting up to mischief. They killed animals, they knocked the clothes line down and trampled the garden. Sally tried to stop them but she couldn’t; they were just too cheeky. So Sally’s owner decided to build a brick pen for the babies. Sally fed them hay every day. The babies didn’t like being in the pen so everybody found a thing or two for the babies to play with.
By the time the babies were two years old they were let out. Now they were trustworthy. Then Sally started showing her babies around and teaching them about nature and how to survive and how to play without harming everyone. Everybody was coming to Sally’s owner’s house to play with the babies.
Finally, Sally’s babies came to be 13 years old. They could now look after themselves. Sally was getting into the old ages. She was now 333 years old. Six months after her 333rd birthday Sally died. Sally’s babies were very upset, they told everyone about Sally’s death. Sally had the best funeral ever.
That explains why Sally was an amazing pet.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!