Halloween

This morning, I woke up in my bed as usual and got ready for school as usual but something seemed different and honestly, quite strange. Generally, when I walk around the house calling for my parents, I get some sort of response but not today. My parents were missing! I dropped my bag and ran out the door, searching for some explanation that might justify the disappearance of my parents.
As soon as I walked outside, a massive storm rolled in, followed by a loud crash of thunder. This storm did not make me feel any better. Scared I bolted to my friend’s house. I didn’t know where else to go. I banged on the door as hard as I could but nobody answered. Suddenly the door handle turned, but nobody was on the other side. The door slowly creaked open.
I walked in and heard a wicked laugh echoing through the house. I slowly walked up the stairs not knowing if I was welcome here. I opened the door. There sat my friend’s mum strapped to a chair. She was screaming next to two men dressed in full black with dark shades on. I froze, petrified, they looked at me and growled. Suddenly they started moving towards me, I realised they were getting closer and forced my legs to move. I ran as fast as my legs would let me. I got outside, I saw a taxi and put my hand up. The taxi stopped. I took the moment to look back. The men in black were still chasing me and quickly closing the gap between us, I jumped into the taxi and screamed for him to go!
I was safe. I don’t really know what those things were but I wasn’t sticking around to find out. Sitting back in the taxi, I could finally relax. Turning to thank the driver I soon realised that he was not quite human. Instead of skin he was covered in putrefying sores with something yellow seeping out of them. He was a zombie! I screamed. The zombie looked at me and shrieked “You’re dead”. I got out of the taxi and ran. The zombie limped after me, dragging his leg behind him.
I ran inside my house and found a note it said: “Just going to the shops, I’ll be home soon. P.S You’re a zombie. Don’t worry, love you.” I sat on my bed thinking of what I was just informed of, the day had taken it out of me. I was exhausted so I laid down on my bed. The next thing I know, I had fallen off my bed. I checked for the note, wanting an explanation from my parents. The note was gone. Suddenly Mum opened the door to my bedroom with my breakfast. I babbled through questions I had for her, so many questions. She calmed me down and said “Wow, that sounds like a crazy dream.” Thank goodness for that.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!