Lauren's Mixed Day

Lauren was a little girl who loved books and art. But she somehow always managed to get into trouble. “Lauren Alice Kensington what have you done?!” screamed Mrs Kensington.
“Oops!” said Lauren as she ran downstairs. “What happened?” she gasped.
“Ask yourself!” Mrs Kensington retorted.
“Should I clean it up?” She asked.
“Of course you should clean it up!” Exploded Mrs Kensington. “But mum, I didn’t’ make that mess” Lauren lied.
“Yes you did young lady!” said Mrs Kensington.
“Oh okay, I’ll clean it up” responded Lauren.
“Thank you Lauren,” said Mrs Kensington. Lauren started to clean up the mess, then she came up with an excuse…
“Remember it’s school today?” she asked her mum.
“Yes I do remember, which is why you should clean this up quickly, so you can get dressed.”
“Exactly!” cried Lauren.
“I don’t know what you are talking about Lauren,” said Mrs Kensington looking puzzled. “And please tell Mary to come downstairs for breakfast”. Mary is Lauren’s older sister. “Off to school.” Mrs Kensington said to her children. “Hello Lauren.” Lauren’s teacher Ms Raison greeted her warmly when she walked into the classroom. “Hi Ms Raison. Is the maths assignment due today?” asked Lauren.
“Why yes, it is due today, thanks for reminding me Lauren.” Lauren felt her stomach twist.
“You’re welcome?” she replied slowly. But Ms Raison paid no attention to her. Instead she said, “Class remember the maths assignment is due today.” Everyone groaned.
“Good attitude” Ms Raison said sarcastically.
“I don’t have it” Lauren blurted.
“You didn’t finish your maths assignment?” Ms Raison frowned.
“No Ms Raison, I did finish it” Lauren explained, “I just didn’t pack it in my bag. That’s all.”
“That’s all?” Ms Raison exclaimed. “Lauren Kensington, do you think you’re going to get away with not bringing your assignment to school on the day it is due?!” Lauren didn’t answer. Just then, Mrs Kensington walked into the school with Lauren’s maths assignment. “Dear, you forgot this at home” Mrs Kensington said looking at Lauren and pointing to the maths assignment.
“Sorry Marianne” she added. “It’s okay” Ms raison replied. Lauren went downstairs for assembly and was relieved that she had avoided that possible disaster.
After assembly, the day went by so quickly. Finally, it was time to go home. Lauren looked out of her window at night and saw two shooting stars. One exploded into a mix between dark blue and black. This reminded Lauren that her day was a bit bad. The other one exploded into pink, light blue and purple. This reminded her that even though she had had a bad day, it ended well. “What a remarkable dream come true” she whispered.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!