I Am A Legend

Samuel was a 20 years old young man who was a UFC fighter. UFC stands for Ultimate Fighting Championship. Samuel had always won and a lot of people cheered for him. IN UFC there is an octagon cage and one of the rules when fighting, was to always stay within the cage, to not get pushed out. Samuel was very good at pushing others out of the cage.

One day Samuel was in a match with a guy from another country. He was from Russia. Samuel got beat up and was defeated. The Russian fighter gave Samuel a Combo! He did a back kick, an elbow, then a strike with an uppercut. This made Samuel realise that most other fighters he had met were lazy, but this one was fired up. So Samuel trained more to get stronger. He swam, ran in the park, did push-ups and pull-ups and he also ate healthy foods. Samuel also saved money to buy better gear. When he started fighting again, Samuel’s mind was ready for the challenge. He was a better fighter, but he was still losing his matches.

It was the last match of the season. Samuel won! But he got hurt a little. The coach came to him and explained that he thought Samuel was a good fighter but he needed to improve his technique.

After he got a coach he started training again. Then one day, he got angry at his coach and beat him up with a strike and a knee kick.

Samuel got another match in Madrid, Spain.
“Okay! I can do this. New season, new chance!” he thought to himself. “In fact I’m versing a guy who’s very skinny but fast. I can do it.”

The match started. The Fighter tried a strike on Samuel, but missed. and Samuel ran under his hand, then quickly climbed the cage and in what looked like slo-mo, but in fact, was swift as an eagle, Samuel jumped on the guy and hit him with his shoulder. He knocked the guy out. Samuel was the winner!

That was the last fight for the season, but Samuel hadn’t even realised this. Spanish fighters were usually the strongest fighters. Spain always won. But not this time. And Samuel thought, ………….. “I AM A LEGEND!”

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!