Rabbit And Fox

Perspiration trickled down Rabbit’s cheek like rain in a pipe as he spent endless days and nights building his burrow. Working tirelessly under the scorching sun, Rabbit was preparing for the winter.
One afternoon, Rabbit fetched some water from the scintillating lake. Crunch, crunch! Upon his return, he could hear Fox munching on some crispy food.
“Why are you not building an extra layer for your house?” Rabbit asked in a frustrated tone.
“No need. It’s a long time before winter arrives” scoffed Fox. “It can wait.”
Followed by that, he started to doze off under the cerulean skies.
Before long, winter arrived and Fox had totally forgotten to build extra cover to his flimsy home.
Remembering the discussion he had, had with Rabbit, Fox trudged to Rabbit’s burrow to ask if he could share his home which was radiating with warmth. Shaking his head, Rabbit explained that his house was only large enough for him and his family and that he had warned Fox this would happen.
Devastated, Fox trudged away, head down and in despair. In the brutal cold, he only lasted less than a week before perishing from the bitter cold. After winter, Rabbit emerged and decided to pay Fox a visit. However, he did not answer the door. Thinking he must have taken refuge someplace else, Rabbit hopped happily home, safe in the arms of his warm burrow.
Moral: Prepare for the future and don’t just think about the here and now.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!