Haunted

As I crept down the hallway, a light flickered on and off. A wretched squeaky noise filled the room. My heart stopped. Suddenly my knees felt like rubber. I had stopped, but I still heard footsteps.
The floor started to creak. My stomach churned. I glanced around. Nothing was visible. The hallway was pitch black. I wanted to scream but I couldn’t! My throat closed. I started to breathe heavily, worrying that I would never be seen again. I was starting to think ‘why did I get up in the first place?’
Then the light stopped flickering. The noise got louder and louder and then…
I could just make out a figure coming towards me. I froze with fear, not knowing what to do. Coming closer, I realised it was a boy no older than twelve. I reached a hand out towards him but it went right through him. He exploded into a million pieces of light.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!