Haunted

My brown beady eyes starred at the grandfather clock in desperation. Until finally I heard the deafening ding of the clock. I dashed up the stairs and got in my cannibal costume. I sprinted back down and raced my dog to Phoebe’s place.
I knocked on the door and Phoebe answered. I told her it was Halloween, so she got on her witch costume and we went around collecting candy. We went to the Donald’s house and the Crump’s house and many more. One last house remained, the old abandoned house at the end of my street. It sent a shiver down my spine just looking at it.
I wanted to leave but I didn’t want to chicken out in front of Phoebe so we went into the house. Rumour has it that a cannibal escaped from a nearby asylum and hid there. I am sure it is rubbish but it still haunts me. Phoebe and I got lost. I could hear her yelling but I couldn’t see anything because of the fog and darkness. Suddenly I heard a scream in horror. I followed it to a candle lit hallway with one tall shadow, it was tall and slim.
I almost ran away but I built up all of my courage and carried on. Then I saw what I was least expecting, Phoebe’s witch costume, then blood. I saw a hunched back and a Skeleton. I went to run but something grabbed my foot. I fell face first into the trap. I thought it was the end… but no, it was just Phoebe and Millie playing a prank on me. Oops!

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!