Last Stand

Last Stand

Nothing built can last forever, no matter how great it fades in time.

I peek my head to the side expecting to see him. “What!? ” I say confused. BANG! I look around and see Katreena half dead on the floor. I peak again and now see that I’m face to face with Hayden, the most evil of them all. Suddenly, he spots me looking at him. BANG! His shot just missed my eye by a whisker. I pull out my uzi and begin to attack. The repetitive explosion of bullets passing my ear. My knees finally touch the ground, my head’s spinning like a fidget spinner, until all turns black.

*Yawns* “That was a weird dream”. I said anxiously. Ring ring, ring ring. “Eli, meet us at the yard outside the police station” K.K says.
“Okay” I said. I drove my Camaro to the police station wondering what’s wrong. I reach there just in time. “Hello everyone I’ve brought you here today to tell you some scary news” Me and Katreena look at each other worried. “Hayden. Has. Escaped.” She said while gulping out every word. Me and Katreena gasped. “Don’t worry K.K, me and Eli will go out and catch him” Katreena says scared. “I hope so,” K.K said.
“Katreena let's do this,” I said. Me and Katreena hop in my Bugatti Chiron racing through town. We grab our weapons and get ready for a showdown. Ring ring, ring ring. “Answer it” I tell Katreena.
“On it”
“Hayden and his partner are robbing the jewellery store. I repeat, Hayden and his partner are attempting to rob the jewellery store!”
“We’re near it, we’ll go get them”
“ELI! HIT ON THAT BREAK” Katrina exclaimed.
Vroooooooooooooooooom. As we were driving, I spotted them at the Corner of my eye. “Katreena looks!” Bang!. BOOOOM! OOF. Everything turns black.

“Eli, Eli! Wake up”
“Whaaaaaat?”
“Wake up!” We still have to defeat Hayden and his partner, turns out her name is Liv.
“What, this can't
be?”
“What can’t be? Eli….what are you hiding from me?” Katreena asked.
“Well many many years ago, I was evil, a criminal, I loved to rob and kill. They’re my old partner.”
“Eli, how could you?” Katreena said with tears.
“It doesn’t matter now, let’s just go and defeat Liv and Hayden.

It was silent as death. I spot valuable items at each corner of my eye. Katreena immediately with no second to lose, pulls out her shout gun and shoots Liv. Hayden turns around while he's stealing. “What? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO”
Suddenly he turns around and spots me. He was about to shoot but Katreena came in and saved me. BANG! “NOOOOOOOOOOO” Katreena was my best friend….and now you’ve taken that away from me” BANG! My knees suddenly touch the ground. I pull out the uzi with my last strength and shoot. ! “I’ve been defeated, forgive me master” Within no time Katreena wakes up and gets me , until all turns black.

By Elisha Sankoh.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!