Left Me Fractured

When we first met you gave me a smile that I thought would last forever, but now whenever I see you all I want to do is cry. You held a key to everything I always wanted. You lit a match inside of me which brightened up my life, but then one day you decided to blow out the flame, which left me smoking. My life was left in nothing but small pieces of charcoal. My soul and mind were pushed into a dark place filled with depression. I soon became sad, I soon lost my ability to smile, and I soon became lonely. You are all I ever wanted but with you gone, I want nothing. Why did you leave me? What was the purpose? You left me fractured, could you at least apologise? Even though you broke me, my feelings for you haven’t changed the slightest. I hope the choices you have made make you happy. I hope the life you have chosen now makes you more excited. The more I see you, the sadder I become. I hope this new girl makes your life the greatest. I hope she doesn’t fail like what I did to you. When I see you two together laughing and smiling it makes me jealous. I remember the times when you would come up from behind me and put your arms around me. I remember the times when we would hold hands. I remember the times when you would make me smile. I remember the times when you would say you loved me. Oh, I remember when you used to love me.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!