The Gumnut Adventures

Excellence Award in the 'The Write Note 2021' competition

Have you ever gotten lost before?
It all started when three little fairies, Daisy, Poppy and Harmony, turned down the wrong path and ended up in the ordinary forest. They thought it was cool so they kept going through the forest and they saw a beautiful, sparkling waterfall that was so clear that they could see through it. They could just see a bit of what looked like a gumnut village, and there was a gumtree hotel. They saw an opening behind the falling water, so they flew through the opening and they saw a beautiful village.
They kept flying to the gumtree hotel, and politely asked the man standing outside a gigantic door, if they could go in and stay for a while. The man said “Yes, of course, please come in”. So the little fairies went in and saw lots of mushroom seats in the lobby. They flew to the front desk and said to the kind women standing there, “Can we please have a room?” in their most polite voices. “Yes, you can take room 48, on level 2. Here is your key!” said the woman. “The pool is open from 7am until 9pm and the restaurant is open for breakfast, lunch and dinner.”
They rushed up the stairs, excited to see their room. Swinging the door open, the fairies couldn’t help but gaze at the gigantic room!
They heard a small crying noise under the bed and looked under it to see what was there. A young mushroom baby was hiding under there! So they said to the little baby, “There is no reason to cry little one. We can help you. Are you lost?”
“Yes, I’m lost. I ended up here because I was trying to climb that tree.” She replied, pointing out the window to the tall tree. Picking up the mushroom baby, they gently placed it onto the couch. The three fairies asked a few more questions, then they were ready to set off in search of the baby’s family.
After they flew up every tree and peeked in every bush, they finally came across a big group of other mushroom babies. The little mushroom baby said to the three fairies, “this is my family. Thank you”’ The fairies replied, “Is it”’ They passed the baby over to his mum and she was so happy to see her.
“We’re happy we could help!”
They went back to the hotel, watched a lovely movie and ate gumleaf flavoured popcorn. They decided it was dinner time and flew around town. They saw a restaurant called ‘The Gumleaf Stoop’. As they went in, they saw lots of families eating dinner. On every table was a flaming candle and a small pot of flowers. The fairies enjoyed a lovely dinner, then flew back to the warm and safe hotel. They flew home the next day on a big aeroplane and their family was so happy to see them.
The end.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!