Covid

Everything is back to normal. Almost.
I can still sense its lingering ghost.
Moments ago, it was everywhere.
Dancing in the sticky air.
A constant joke you aren’t supposed to laugh at.
Dirt that was never meant to be swept under the mat.
It is now a dying breeze, captured in the swaying trees.
It now has an empty aura, left with a longing for drama.
Punctuated with awkward laughs, with crystal memory like photographs.
We were hurt, bruised and burnt, by its jitterish flame of disease, engulfing our helpless world with ease.
We hope never to see it again, like watching the sun shove away daunting rain.
But we have nothing to worry about, we’ve had our curing dose.
Because everything is back to normal. Almost.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!