Beauty

Phiz with colourless impression,
Sitting blankly with clueless expression.
Neither the shimmering sunshine nor spectrum of shades in the sky,
Not even the captivating animals could grab his attention and were denied.
I offered him what is a child’s best friend, gooey chocolate with plush toys.
With jet sunglasses over his eyes, he emptily faced a single point.
Like seconds, great amounts of time whizzed past.
Him appearing again, but with nature showing utter contrast.
That day, the murky clouds spread their undesired gloom.
Thunder bellowed discouraging words, and lightning spoke doom.
Out of extreme pleasure, the junior complimented the dreadful weather.
“Mother look!”, he commended a grimy stray cat exquisite, felt no terror.
Astonished, I couldn’t stop questioning the amused parent, then became appealed,
To know the mysterious boy had seen only black his entire life, vision sealed.
Through the raging rains, hostile storms and hideous creatures,
The newly-sighted boy saw vast beauty in a world with imperfect features.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!