Red Soft Paradise

The warm, drowsy sun shone in the countryside and the green breeze whistled peacefully. The lovely sweet scent of Acacia blossom, and the musical tune of the birds chirping and singing filled the afternoon air.
“Ding dong dang.” The exasperating sound of the clack bell, like iron scraping on stone, shook me out of the red, soft armchair. “Oh, it’s three o’clock, time to work.” I said weakly, and walked to the front door heavily, waiting on the cold tile floor to welcome my little boy.
My name is Cookie, which was given to me by my honourable master because my brunette hair is like the colour of cookies all over my clean body. My eyes are always drooping and I move at a snail’s pace. The sun is nearly setting. As I am one of the wiser adults in my family, I have to look after a 4-year-old our precious naughty boy, Marcus.
“Cookie, Cookie.” Marcus’s resonant voice echoed in the peaceful village with the sound of a tired old car engine. “It is going to be a tough day as usual.” I mused. Seeing Marcus’s foot on the door, I rushed and leapt to greet him with a fake smile, wagging my fluffy tail like a fan. His lovely tight hug makes me gasp. “Oh, I really want to go back to the red velvety armchair.” I cried.
“Cookie, Cookie blah blah blah.” My talkative little boy speaks with great fervour to me. I think the incomprehensible monologue might be all about his best buddy, Liam, but the noise of his story was deafening me. I tried to keep my eyes open but I nearly fell asleep. “I really want to settle in my red sanctuary.” My lip was trembling.
“Cookie, Cookie, look at your muffin top, let’s go out to exercise!” Marcus smiled from ear to ear. However, I thought it was the most painful activity and a complete waste of time. He threw the green ball over the old lemon tree for me to catch it, but my legs are so tired. So, I put my nose up in the air and happily took a sniff of the yellow citrus scent instead. Despite it’s awakening tang, the moment I was satisfied, I wanted to go back to the red warm armchair.
Suddenly, Marcus rubbed his red eyes. It is time for him to go off to dreamland. I thought it is nearly the end of my work and I will lean on my red comfy armchair again, I grinned serenely. “Peace at last.”

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!