The Horrific Future

Beep Beep! AS I heard the alarm ring I remembered something, I HAD WORK! I checked the time and I was late! . I swiftly got up and put on my white wickedly stained coat and rushed to my car. I tried to turn on my car but It wouldn’t turn on. I felt my heart beating as fast as machine I prayed it would turn on but it didn’t unfortunately. I called all my buddies at work but no one answered they all didn’t have signal I was panicking. Then I got a message from my boss saying” Come in ten minutes or I’m firing you! shouted boss.

I ran faster then a cheetah towards my work, my heart felt like someone was stabbing me.I was panting heavily as I walked into the lab, My eyes flew wide open’ my legs felt like to twigs as they were shaking my teeth were clattering. I couldn’t believe what I saw, Everything was shaking, glass was shattering everywhere tables were getting sucked into this dimensional portal.
“Ahhh” I screamed as I got sucked into the portal, “WHATS HAPPENING” I screamed. “ What happened” I mumbled.

I looked around me and there were collapsing buildings everywhere,The streets were empty until there was one civilian on the street I thought he needed help so I lightly tapped him on the shoulder he slowly turned around I could believe what I saw, My heart was raising at the speed of light,”ahhh” I screamed, I thought I was going to die until a man in a car shot the zombie multiple times in the head.
“come in kid” Miles said
I looked at him and stepped back.
“ why aren’t you getting in” said Miles” I don’t trust you , you almost shot me 100 times”.
“ Come on kid Or ill let you rot from these zombies ! Shouted Miles
I was speechless So I went in and he took me to some sort of shelter.
“What’s your name “ He asked
“My names is Miles surname is Ali” I mumbled
“ What’s your name” I asked
He told me with a slight confusion Miles Ali,
“Hmm” kid how did you get here” Said Miles
“I don’t know” I replied.
“Tell me the truth!”He yelled
“OK ill tell you I was going to my lab and when I walked in a random portal came and sucked me and I entered here,You might not believe me” I mumbled.

He glanced at me and. Said oh kid I do believe you.
“ Kid tell me exactly where that lab is” Said Miles
“ I think it’s destroyed” I mumbled
“ kid all the labs in this area is underground they should be safe” Miles said
We went to the lab and nothing was happening, I had a fear something bad was going to happen.
We waited for over one 1 hour we were about leave and give up until the lab started shaking the portal came and sucked me in but this time I got stuck in the portal,To this day I’ve been stuck.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!