The Whispers

“Jane, Jane, come…" the whispers woke her.
‘Huh!’ Jane gasped. “Who said that?" Jane said out aloud. She jumped out of bed and ran into her parents' room, but they weren't there. ‘Jane!” Her Mum called.
“Coming Mum," Jane yelled back from upstairs. When she got down stairs she screamed in horror "Aaagh!!!" Her parents had no eyes at all. There were two never ending holes on their shadowed faces. Jane grabbed her bag off the back of the chair and ran out the door. As soon as she got to school her friends came running towards her. ”We heard your scream. What's wrong?” Panting heavily she said ”My parents...” Ring! Ring! "Oh, that's the bell. We'll talk about it at lunch."

At school all day she couldn't focus. After school she quietly snuck in and found her Mum asleep in her room. Jane then went back into her room and fell asleep, too. ”Jane, Jane, come with us.” the voices called."Aaagh!!!” She suddenly opened her eyes. Soon dark shadowed arms started to approach her from out of the walls. She was surrounded by mysterious shadow people and their haunting whispers. “Come, come, come, come, come, come...” louder and louder the voices chanted. “Oohhh” She suddenly felt something sharp stick into her neck. Everything went dark. After hours of being asleep, she finally awoke. Soon after, her friends came knocking on the door. They had been worried about Jane all day and knew something was wrong. The door slowly creaked open. An eyeless shadow in Jane's clothes answered. “Aaaaaahhhhhhh!!!!!”... She had become one of them.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!