The Dimension

Hey! My name is Nicholas Newton and today is a school day which means I'll most likely be stuck in my boring Home Economics class again. On my way to school my neighbor and best friend, Richard Chase raced to catch up with me. “Hey Nick, did you hear about Jackson Royale’s new watch, it’s really nice”. I rolled my eyes, my day wasn't off to a great start.
During form class Jackson sat next to me and would not stop talking about his new watch, which meant constant eye rolls from me. My next class was home economics and that was not fun because I choked on a chocolate chip from one of the cookies I snuck into class and almost died... ok well maybe that's exaggerating a little but it still wasn't the greatest time.
After school I walked home with Richard, and you guessed it he was still talking about Jackson's watch. I slid past my parents car and opened the front door but nobody was home. I took a minute to enjoy the peace and quiet but then it started to creep me out so I went over to Richard’s house to ask if his parents knew where they were. They did not have a clue where my parent's were, in fact they were supposed to meet them for lunch but my parents never showed. At that moment, a letter flew through the door and hit my face! Could have given me a fatal papercut!
I gave it to Mr. and Mrs. Chase but they said it was for me, so I put it in my pocket. On my way out I ran into Richard then a random portal opened and sucked us through it! Possibly the most bizarre day in all of history right?!
We must have been unconscious because when we woke up there was someone standing in front of us, some weird Elven creature. Good thing he could speak English otherwise we were screwed!
He had told us to follow him back to his house, but when we did there was an explosion that blew the house up and in the flames a face appeared that said, "If you ever want to see your parents again meet me at the castle of doom with an ogres eye and if you don’t- good bye mommy and daddy". After hearing that we asked the strange looking elf man were to find an ogre. "Look for a giant cloud of smoke in the west," he said, so then we were off.
The journey was extremely difficult but after the day I had, collecting an ogres eye was a walk in the park. We thought the ogre was super angry, but it turned out he was just starving! Being a teenage boy I totally understood how he felt. Just then I remembered my chocolate chip cookies from Home Economics were still in my pocket. I offered him one and would you believe it, he chocked on a chocolate chip and died right in front of us! After a round of rock paper scissors Richard was left to pluck out the eye and we headed back to the castle of doom to save my parents. We gave the eye to the fire lord, and saved my parents but he was furious that we had been able to succeed, so he captured the elven creature as a slave forever to get even with us. We didn't really know the Elven guy though so we just left him there and went back home through the portal. I think I'll stay home tomorrow.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!