Ninja Vs Samurai

My name is Taka and I am a 14 year old black belt ninja. It is a early autumn morning with the red and orange leaves on trees. My friends are sat around a warm, cozy fire in Akemi, my mum's kitchen. Renzo, is a tall muscular boy, two years older than me. Cho on the other hand, is a lean, girl, with shoulder length black-brown hair. Her aerobics are the best in the clan. My mum invited them to my house after training for a sit down. After a while, Cho, Renzo and I leave to go to the Clan assembly.

"We need all available ninja for a mission." Tenshin announced this afternoon, with the evening sun shining orange light in everyone's faces. Renzo's face lit up like a sunbeam and jumped up. "Not you, Renzo, this is a black belt only mission." Tenshin replied sternly. "You need to stay safe, you are too young, but you can scout for samurai!" Tenshin said.

Crunch, crunch, crunch. Heavy footsteps sounded my ears, stepping on the autumn leaves, crackling them like a egg in a pan, then, I hear breathing, harsh and rapid in my direction. I observed the valley from Jade mountain and see a samurai. As soon as the first one appears, more followed and soon, Eagle mountain was swarmed by a sea of flags, horses and men.

The samurai charged into the village, swords meeting with a deafening clang. I swung and stabbed all around with Cho at my side. She is carried yaku-throwing daggers and threw blade after blade. Renzo is knocking samurai after samurai out cold as he twirls his Nunchaku. We are losing, the Samurai outnumbered us 10 to 1, we retreated to the village square. I heard a scream to the left of me and see Renzo, his nunchaku had been cleaved in half by a buff samurai with a red scar on his cheek-Lord Oda-the enemy of all ninja, the hideous warlord that organized this attack, I leap kicked Oda in the face and send him flying. "Run!" I yelled as he grabbed a discarded sword and kept fighting. I saw Grandmaster, the Clan elder nearby. His staff is a blur. I watched and saw a figure speed up the mountain side, its, its...Cho?! I can't believe this has happened! We made a battle-bound and committed loyalty to each other! Then I saw a cluster of black and as a squinted, I made out Cho in the front and other ninja behind her. "Retreat!" Oda commanded and his men backed away. Even it was tough and we struggled at first but(Thanks to Cho)overall the ninja have won!

As we sat down on the tatami mats and discuss the battle in my home, Cho made a point. "Why do ninja and samurai hate each other?" She asked. "I don't know but what a battle!" I examined.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!