Cold Blooded Act

Looking down at the old concrete, I headed home annoyed at my ex-best-friend Mia who was walking with the school bullies, giggling. She used to be sweet and funny, but now is mean and sassy. This all started when she got her Eastern, Blue-Tongued Lizard that she named Miss Make-up. Funnily enough, it’s a male not a female. You need a licence to get one so for her 13th birthday, Mia’s parents gave her one. They are really weird, always giving her what she wants so she never has a single responsibility in her easy life. There’s one word to describe how I feel lately… jealous.
“Oh look, it must be Micky Picky, what a pity that she is just a stinky piece of trashy.” The bullies laughed as their leader Anna teased me, again. Mumbling loud enough for them to hear me, I said “that doesn’t make sense.”
Suddenly, something just clicked. A genius idea popped into my head. I haven’t had any awesome ideas lately but this, this is just so genius. Mia’s lizard will sit in my hands, the hands of it’s soon to be new owner. It’s not like I care if she gets sad about it. She can understand how it feels to be lonely. Besides, it’s not like Mia cares for it very well. Mia puts hair clips on it, pinching the poor creature's skin. She even pokes it like it’s a stress toy.
Tonight, I will sneak into her house and steal Miss Make-up!
Just after midnight I entered Mia’s house. Yesterday, when she attempted to brag in front of me, she left her bag at the front of the milk bar while she got lollies. Genius me stole the keys from her bag as she did so. I tiptoed into her lizard's room which was up a small flight of stairs. What kind of person gives a lizard a whole room to itself? It’s not like it does much except for chill out and sleep.
“Hello little lizard, come to your new mama.” I said, at what I thought was quiet enough for her family not to hear me.
Without getting a chance to pick up Miss Make-up, Mia’s dad shouted, “Who’s there?”
I grabbed Miss Make-up and bolted out the door and into the dark, black streets. Eventually, Mia’s dad lost me. I headed home slowly, calming the lizard down. I pre prepared a cardboard box with a blanket for the lizard to sleep in.
At about 6 in the morning, all of Mia’s family barged into my house, running straight to my room. I just ignored it.
Eventually, they all barged through my locked bedroom door, frantically searching my room. After a bit, Mia saw the box under my bed. She slowly creeped her hand around the box, sliding it out. When it had fully unveiled, she opened the lid...

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!