Welcome Back

Marcus & Luca were playing upstairs, when all of a sudden Marcus heard a noise coming from outside the window. Scared Luca looked outside, he gave a big sigh, it was only their alien friend Ted from Uranus. Luca looked at Marcus with an excited voice, Luca says “let the adventure begin.”

Luca & Marcus run outside to go say hi, Marcus said “Hey Ted what are you doing here?” Ted replied “ I came back down to earth to see you guys because it was getting extraordinarily boring living in Uranus for so long.”

Marcus could not contain his excitement and let out a big yelp. Luca turned to Marcus and said “ Marcus you need to be quiet or else mum and dad will find out about Ted”.

The boys crept back into the house with Ted tucked in their backpack, they quickly ran up the stairs to their bedroom. Mum and dad didn't suspect a thing, or so they thought anyway.

So excited the boys quizzed Ted on what he had been doing for the last 6 months on Uranus. Ted spent the next hour telling the boys about his school days, trips to the moon with his family, hanging out with his friends at Orbit beach.

Marcus and Luca were so engrossed in Ted’s story, that all three of them didn't see their dad and mum standing in the doorway listening.

Ted, Marcus and Luca planned their day for tomorrow. The boys went down stairs to say good night to their parents.

Back upstairs Luca said to Marcus, “Why are mum and dad acting so weird”. Marcus gave a shrug of the shoulders and off to sleep all three went, Ted sleeping under the bed so mum and dad don't find him.

Nine hours later, the sun is shining and the boys are up and awake, a quick breakfast and off the 3 of them go, with a wave to mum and dad.

Once clear of the house Ted pokes his head out of the backpack and the boys ride down to the lake. They throw rocks in the water, roll down the steep hill, laugh till their belly’s hurt.

On the way home after a great day spent with Ted, Luca notices their dad driving very slow behind them, so the boys ride faster, dad drives faster.

Marcus turns around and yells “ Dad what are you doing”, Ted very silent in the backpack.

Dad pulls over, “Boys, I'd like you to meet someone”, then to the boys surprise an old looking alien pops up from under the car seat.

It's Bill, Ted's father.

Ted jumps out of the backpack, and Dad and Bill explain to the boys that Bill first visited Dad and Mum 12 years ago to explore earth.

They think it's great that Ted has found a friend in Marcus and Luca too, but advised the boys to not keep their friendship a secret from their parents anymore.

Here’s to many more adventures all together.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!