Australian Inferno

The silent sunrise pushed against the horizon as it sensed a spark of light nearby.
The fire tore the forest apart, destroying everything in its path, leaving a desolate trail of ash and rubble behind.
The haze of acrid gusts of smoke blanketed the atmosphere.
Nature laid limp in an air sucked dry, trees licked by the tongues of fire, flames laughed higher and higher.
The undefeated streets were flooded with people, rushing to safety, driving under a fire-filled night.
Fire’s breath swallowed the day, leaving it ablaze with light
Firefighters were ready to attack with their arched hoses of the fire brigade.
People silenced by a shock too great.
But time alone defeats the pain, as heavy ash and grueling smoke thickens into the rain.
Green children of Earth below have now returned, filling up the world of black.
But alas, King Fire has a short harsh reign, no need to grieve pain.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!