The Return Of Vladimir Caedon

“And the knighting of William Caedon will be aired this afternoon, after the 2 O’clock news”.Leslie Simons watched on intently as the reporter informed the public of the details of William’s knighting.”Mum, are we going anywhere this afternoon?”she asked over the noise of the newscaster.”No, dear, we aren’t,”she replied, then added in,” why do you ask?””oh, nothing, just wondering.”The next day, after the knighting had been aired, in the breaking news there was a scary report that a body had been found, completely drained of blood.When leslie got to school, he asked his friend, Lesley Simmons if she had heard it, and she replied”yeah, probably the handiwork of one of those psychos who think they are a vampire, but don’t let that worry you.”.

After that, Leslie forgot about the strange report, but that weekend, on the news, there was a report of even more of these strange cases.there was even a witness!He had been attacked by the vampire itself!He said that”I had had garlic bread and pizza for dinner, and I had some garlic bread left over. On the way home, I heard a hissing noise come from the shadow; then, a figure cloaked in a black cape jumped out of the shadows, baring its fangs.I thought it was a prankster trying to scare me but I didn’t budge!So I whacked the figure with some leftover garlic bread and it recoiled, seeming to wail in pain!There was no doubt about it, it was a vampire!”


Soon, the media was overflowing with tips on how to protect yourself from vampires and stories about the pale, bloodsucking monster.they even reprinted old issues from the 19th century!

But the story was out, and more and more people were holing up in their homes in fear of the vampiric killer.Leslie and Lesley decided that they had to hunt down the evil monster before there were any more casualties.So they armed themselves with a crucifix, some beads, a clove of garlic, a wooden stake and a hammer.They headed of in the direction of the town cemetery, prepared for vampire killing.Once they were halfway there, they realised they had forgotten shovels to dig out the grave, so they quickly ran home and collected the shovels.Once they had gotten the shovels and arrived at the cemetery, they put out the beads(since vampires are obsessed with counting small things)and hid in the bushes.Soon, they heard a crunching noise as the vampire came down the walkway, and the moment it came into the moonlight, they recognised it as the face of Vladimir Caedon, grandfather of William Caedon.they quickly threw the garlic at it,and once it had become poisoned, they thrust the stake through its heart, exterminating it forever.They hid the body back in the crypt, went home and slept, knowing the vampire couldn’t threaten them.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!