Lucy's Imagination

Hi, i’m Lucy Berman, I’m 10 years old and love art. But this story isn’t just about my normal life, it’s about something extraordinary! I was sitting on my bed, with my drawing tablet , drawing a picture of a pig when suddenly, a pig appeared on my pink rug. I screamed in horror as the pig stared at me with intelligent brown eyes. *snort* it said. I quickly rubbed out the picture of the pig and it was gone just like that. And with that I shut my eyes and lay on my bed,thinking it was just a dream.

“YOU DRAWINGS COME TO LIFE!?!?!?!!?” yelled Eleanor Clae, my bestie. ”I know,it’s crazy right?” I said. Suddenly the bell rang and we had to go to class. I couldn’t talk to her for the rest of the day,since she had band practice at first break and I was working on a project at second break. Luckily it was Friday And Eleanor was coming over! When we got home we dumped our bags on the floor and ran as fast as we could to my room. I got out my tablet and said “pick an animal” she chose a bunny and I drew one as quick as I could.Two seconds later there was a bunny on the bed With long floppy ears and a pink nose.

The next morning we were going to visit Lucy’s gran at the Howseville nursing home. In the car the girls chatted loudly about what they were going to do. They had agreed not to tell Lucy’s mum about the drawings, but still brought the tablet.When they got there they saw a bunch of people at the breakfast bar. “What’s up?”I asked. “Cally’s dog died last night,but it was with her son and she didn’t get to say goodbye.” said one of the men. Eleanor winked at me and suddenly a Blue heeler appeared next to Cally. “Oh peppers,This is probably a dream,but I love you and will never forget you.”Said Cally.Me and Eleanor shared a smile and walked away happily.

The next weekend,everyone in my grade was coming over for a party.I drew everyone pets. Once everyone had a pet I stopped.I went over to the snobbiest girl in the grade Shelby Carb and asked if she wanted a pet.”sure,I want a tiger,Ha bet ya can’t draw that!” I growled angrily and drew a tiger. It appeared instantly,and just as it was about to jump onto her,I deleted it. “I’m sorry,I just want a pet because I am not allowed to have one, I don’t mean to be rude, But are they real?if not, can I have a possum?” she asked. “Sure,they are real,but only to kids,no one else, I tried on my mum.” I said. And that day,everyone walked home with a smile on their face.


FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!