Moving Into Dark

“Hey, Ben we’re about to leave!” I shout. “Wait, I’m almost ready.” Ben shouts. Hi, I’m Al, moving houses really is horrible, well for me that is. When your whole neighbourhood are living zombie ghosts like humans, that try to get you to be one yourself, you’ll agree with me. Here is what occurred.
“Ben you ready yet? Come on we can come back if you forget something.” Mum shouts. As we get ready for a 30-minute drive, I start feeling sleepy as I look into the green lively forest, then everything becomes black.
“Hey Al! We’ve arrived, wake up!” Dad yells causing my head to bang against the top of the car. As me and Ben unpack our mess we find this boy with long brown blondish hair, around our age starting to approach us. “Hi, are you new here?” He asks us. “Yeah, what’s your name?” We both ask simultaneously. “Uh... My name is... Oh hey want to come meet with me later? Meet me at the graveyard at 6, just turn left and go forward and you’ll see me, see you later,” he says.
“What was that about? He seems irregular, he didn’t give us a chance to even respond...” I say, then a dark silence walks past us. “Well, we’ll have to come, plus coming won’t hurt and we’ll get to take a look at the neighbourhood, right?” Ben utters. After we unpack, we start to head to the graveyard, which got me thinking ‘Why the graveyard?’ Out of all the places he picks a graveyard... To be honest this place really creeps me out. “Hey, why did he want to visit the graveyard?” Ben asks. “That’s exactly what I was thinking, maybe to show us an important family member, maybe?” I suggest.
Then suddenly the unfamiliar strange boy appears right in front of us. “Hey, you shouldn’t have moved here; this place is trouble. You have to leave, please run,” he says suddenly making me tremble in terror. Then something unexpected happens, the wind blows past us and the boys hat falls off, after something unexpected happens. The boy suddenly transforms into dust.
“Escaaaaappe...!” He cries out as his ashes blends in the wind. “It seems like these people’s weakness is the sunlight,” I point out in shock. “Let’s get back and escape!” I shout to Ben.
When we arrived, we find this note on the bench saying, ‘going to a neighbour’s party three houses to the left.’ Me and Ben ran as fast as we could and spot mum and dad approaching to this old vast house. “Mum! Dad! Come back we have to leave! This place is trouble!” I shout as loud as I can. “Excuse me!” They say. At that point, a weird woman wearing a large hat approaches mum and dad. “Watch out!” Ben shouts. I run as fast as I can and knock the woman’s hat off, knowing their weakness. She suddenly collapses and transforms into dust. “What just happened...?!” Mum and dad ask in shock. “It seems like we have to leave!” Dad says. So, what do you think? That’s how we ended up in this messed up house...I wonder how this happened, well I hoped you like our short disastrous disturbing story.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!