Star-speckled Night

the sky was bright, with hues of calm, cool collections. a canvas of blue and shades of purple; a painting of serenity in its truest form.

but then a storm struck, and the painting was wiped grey, flashes of white accompanied by thunderous roars. the sky thrashed and cried in frustrated might—until the storm eased and the clouds merely wept.

drip, drop, drip, drop. grey mist parted to reveal an obscured heart.

so, bleeding crimson the masterpiece bled. bled till it sunk beneath the seas as if dead. yet six feet under was not the end, for it was but an illusion as the waters ran red. the canvas of pained colour blended obsidian, till the former light returned as a star-speckled night.

twinkling, twinkling, the little specks twinkled. a thousand light-years away though not completely out of reach.

all that was left was the final chase.

another sunrise and a leap of faith.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!