The Horse And The Donkey

One snowy day there was a very nice Horse and a very mean Donkey. They lived on a farm with a Farmer. One day the Horse was eating her hay when the Donkey came up to her and said, “The Farmer likes me more than you.” “How do you know?” Asked the Horse. Then the Donkey said, “Because I heard him
whispering that I was his favourite.” “Well maybe you misheard him,” said the Horse. The Donkey snorted “That is just what you think.” Then the Farmer stepped into the barn and said “Get into your stable Donkey” then the Farmer stepped out of the barn and into his house.
In the morning there was a horse racing event and the Farmer was going to ride on the Horse’s back. The grand prize for the winner was $1000. The Farmer got onto the Horse’s back and said to the Horse “If you win me this race you and the donkey will be my favourite animals on the farm.” The Farmer got onto the Horse’s back and waited for the gun to go off. The gun went off, the Horse was super-fast. The Horse was in the lead and she crossed the crossed finish line and they won! When the Horse told the Donkey that they both were the Farmer’s favourite the Donkey said, “I don’t like you” and he ran out the barn doors and was never seen again and the Horse had a happy life.
The End

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!