The Thief At Mount Samson School

One cloudy afternoon, fabulous 4/B was having their German lesson with lovely Fran Keller. While they were learning the alphabet, animals were peeking through the foggy window. The animals’ names were Susan Snake, Jodie Joey, Kylie Kangaroo, Karen Koala, Ben Bush Turkey and Wendy Wasp. Fiona Fire Ant was off at her music lesson with Lisa Lizard. Shiralee Sheep was off having a holiday.
Time past, all the humans left, and the animal teachers quietly crept into the classroom, the first animal to arrive was Felix Frog with his best friend Koby Koala.
Minutes later the rest arrived dingdong dingdong! The year 4/B, 4/5G and 5/GR scrambled into their class lines ready for their teachers.
When they arrived at the classrooms the kids took them munch and crunch, then entered the class.
“Okay, first on our list is… ROLL!” Explained Mrs Duck.
Suddenly, while the precious animals were learning English, they heard heavy stomping noises coming from the veranda. Eddie Echidna peeked out the door shop to see a person wearing all black, frantically pilfering from animal’s bags. Mrs Duck immediately called the office to put the school in lockdown.
“Hello Wendy speaking”
Mrs Duck told Wendy what was happening, Wendy put the school in lockdown.
Woop Woop lockdown lockdown!
All the animals scurried to their hiding places hoping they wouldn’t get taken. Hayden the hare, hands were trembling with fear.
“w-w-will we e-e-ever get o-o-out of this?”
Stammered Drake Dalmatian.
Everyone was as scared as a jackrabbit that has heard the howl of the wolf.
Mrs Duck quickly glanced out the window, which you couldn’t really see out of because of all the posters, so they got Holly Honeybee to peek out the window, because she was the tiniest.
“This thief is about to destroy the school!”
All the animals panicked.
they only had minutes to save the school. Siena Spider said, “we need to save the school!”
They made a plan and quietly crept outside.
When the thief had his back turned Darcey Dragonfly, quickly flew over and smacked her wings in his face to distract him. She signaled for Eddy the Echidna to come and snatch the bomb of him, but the thief tried to snatch it back, so Eddy shot one of his spikes at him.
“Owwwww!” He howled.
Eddy threw the bomb over to Katherine to turn off.
“How do you turn this thing off?”
Finally she found the off button and smashed it.
“Is it off?” asked Hayden.
“Must be, look, the countdown stopped.” Replied Katherine.
They all cheered happily, 4/5G could hear all the shouting so they walked out to see what the cheering was about.
“we’ve turned off the bomb!” they told 4/5G.
“You’ve still got to destroy the bomb and call the animal police.”
4/5G went to get the bomb, but while they were celebrating the thief and bomb had vanished.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!