Sunnyside Rescue Farm

We pulled up to my grandad’s rescue farm. I was so excited about visiting for the holidays and my birthday, especially since my best friend Sophie was going to be there too. We were going to look after the farm for a few days while my grandad was away buying a horse. Sophie had told me about a new horse that grandad rescued a month ago that she thought I’d love but nobody could ride. She was frightened of everyone. Her name was Daisy.
Sophie ran up and met us as we arrived. We ran straight down to see Daisy and I fell in love! She had the most beautiful snow-white coat I’d ever seen. Daisy ran to me and followed me along the fence line. She wasn’t scared of me at all. We stayed out there for hours until it was dark. We took Daisy to the stables where she spends the nights.
Early the next morning, grandad called and said he was coming home early because the people who owned the horse didn’t want to sell her anymore. That meant he was going to be home in time for my birthday. After breakfast, Sophie and I went down to the stables to groom and spend time with Daisy. I couldn’t wait to tell grandad how much Daisy and I loved each other.
Sophie and I got hungry so we went back to the house for lunch. All of a sudden, we heard the door open. It was grandad! I sprinted to the door and gave him a huge hug. He was just in time for lunch. I asked grandad if he was going to sell Daisy. He said yes, and I started crying. “Why? I love her so much! She follows me everywhere,” I begged. “I’m sorry sweetie, but I can’t afford to keep them all” he said. I was really sad.
A couple of days later, grandad said that he was still going to sell Daisy. What I didn’t know was that he was really giving her to me for my birthday. I was so surprised and happy on my birthday when he told me! My face lit up as I hugged him and said, “Thank you so much grandad, I will take good care of her.” I ran to the paddock and hugged Daisy. She was the best birthday present ever!
Once we got Daisy home, I spent hours working with her and my riding coach to gain her trust and to train her. She became a great horse to ride and was awesome at jumping. Four months after I got Daisy, I decided to enter a jumping competition in two months’ time. We practiced every day.
Today is competition day. We are so ready and excited. Wish me luck!

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!