The Argument That Could Change The World

“Ryan, get out of bed!” Mum yelled ferociously. “What?” Ryan murmured. “We have to go to my job today. You might like it because it’s in the jungle!” Mum exclaimed. Ryan jumps out of bed and slides down the railing of the steps, grabs his food and sits at the dining table. “Time to go, I don’t want to be late!” Mum hinted. Ryan and Amelia, also known as Ryan’s mum, arrive at the jungle.
“You have finally arrived Amelia. I started to think you weren’t coming. So, let’s begin on your tour,” Dr. Greg smiled. Ryan and Amelia get a tour guide through the jungle. They pass the toucans and the jaguars and finally the apes. That’s when it all started. “Excuse me Dr. Greg, how are we related to apes? They look nothing like us,” Amelia describes slyly. “We have the same DNA. We don’t have to look the same, we just have to have the same DNA,” Dr. Greg explained. “I think that whether we have the same DNA or not doesn’t mean we are related. I will prove these scientists wrong,” Amelia demanded. “That is not possible! Scientists are right whether you like it or not!” Dr. Greg yelled angrily. As the adults were arguing Ryan ran off.
All of a sudden Ryan hears a loud snap coming from behind him. He turns around and sees the most wonderful thing he has ever seen. Apes are swinging from vine to vine and mothers have their babies on their backs. He was observing their interactions and realised how human-like they really were. Ryan decided he was going to try and swing off vines just like the apes. As he was hanging upside down the apes moved closer and closer until Ryan was so afraid that he let go. One of the apes threw himself underneath him and caught Ryan quicker than a blink of an eye. Ryan was in awe and at that very moment Ryan had a plan. He sprinted back to his mum and Dr. Greg as he was holding one of the baby apes. All the apes chased after him.
Ryan’s plan was working. He reached the adults who were still arguing. Amelia turned around in shock and fear, she was speechless. Ryan gave the baby back to its mother and all the apes danced around him. Amelia screamed as if it was her worst nightmare.
“Ryan I suppose you’re wondering why I have been so terrible towards apes. It’s because I am afraid l would turn into one of those hideous creatures,” Amelia muttered. “I don’t care what you think mum just please stop all this nonsense,” Ryan cried. “I understand that this is RIDICULOUS and I shall stop my mistake before it’s too late,” Amelia admitted. Dr. Greg and Amelia became best friends. Ryan and Amelia built a house with some help from their friends and shared it with the apes. Ryan became a scientist!

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!