The 2050 Escape

26th of October 1921 and Alice and her family recently moved into a new house in Brisbane, Australia. They moved into 14 Sunset Shire which happened to be the same house Indigo Sweetin moved into with her family. Indigo and Alice are from different time periods (1921 and 2021) and therefore Alice and Indigo don’t know each other.
Alice and Indigo both share the same room. Walking up to the door for the first time was a shock for both of them for there was a blue light glowing behind the bedroom door. As they walked in, they saw a portal open in front of them. Not knowing what to do they both walked through.
Whoosh! Wandering through time they find each other. Blue and white lights flashing in front of them and feeling nauseous they held hands. Squeezing their hands, they could feel the lights stop flashing around them. They opened their eyes to see houses and ladies dressed in black jeans, short yellow and blue shirts with their hair straightened, blowing in the wind. This looked normal for Indigo but Alice was in complete shock seeing something like this. This was mind blowing. Alice went into a panic attack, Indigo couldn’t feel any calmer about this. After about half an hour, Alice calmed down and they could finally think about where they were and how to get back home.
“Who are you and where am I?” Alice asked in a panic. “I’m Indigo Sweetin and I don’t know where we are, this looks familiar but my memory is all foggy. I don’t think we’re in 2021 anymore.” “2021? I’m from 1921!” Alice yelled in fear. Indigo ran to the bin to find a newspaper, titling: ‘2050 Daily Newspaper 26th of October’. Seeing that meant they were lost in 2050.
They walked around looking for someone that could give some answers about where they were. Looking around they found a school so that’s where they went first. They rushed in and realized that was the school they both went to, but to Alice the school looked different. They both went to their classrooms: 6 Strawberries for Alice and 6 Moons for Indigo. Both walking out in shock they had forgotten how many years had passed and that the students and teacher wouldn’t know them.
Thinking, Alice thought of how they could find or make a portal to get back to their own time periods. Then they remembered how they got there which was by their bedrooms. Somehow they needed to get into their house and their bedroom to hopefully find a portal there. First, they needed to find out who was living there, so they walked to the house and knocked on the door to see…Indigo’s parents.
They didn’t know how to tell her parents that she was the younger Indigo so they didn’t. They pushed past Indigo’s parents and ran to their bedroom. Upon opening the door, they saw a small white light and without thinking they ran through the light and said their last goodbyes.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!