Imperfect - CAPITALISED WORDS NEED TO BE IN ITALICS NZ

Over time, I lost who I wished to be.
It felt as if I had to be PERFECT.
Lying is easy, everyone gullible to my disguise.
Nothing is ever MY choice.
Every word I say, every opinion I share, every facial expression,
they’re all planned perfectly, all planned in advance.
I didn’t think it could ever get this bad, denial, shame...IMPERFECTION.
I seem to stare at my reflection with fear.
Fear of disappointing, fear of the unknown, fear of being...IMPERFECT.
I am constantly being chased by this monster that claws my insides, a voice,
MY voice, saying,
‘You will NEVER be good enough. Not for yourself, not for anyone.’
I eventually flushed out the noise and realised that I have to accept who I am.
I am not defined by my weight, my skin, my mistakes.
I am whoever I need to be, and that’s more than enough.
I am me, and I am IMPERFECT.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!